Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I used to loath blogs.

There was a time in my life when I would cringe just hearing the word blog. For the longest time now, anytime that I have done any writing online it has been under a different name, though the concept stayed the same. So now I am faced with my hypocracy. I have started a BLOG. When it comes down to it, I just don't like the word, so I guess it is all up to symantics for me.

It's time to use what I have, and see what happens in the end. I don't expect to have a following or even an audience, but at least it will be nice to have a place to come to discuss the ideas that are roaming around in m head. I used to have Philosphy, Art History, Theory and Criticism, and Bible to discuss all the different realms of reason and thought, but now there is hardly a place to find 2 people together who I know and who want to sit and talk about such things. It seems almost like talking and conversation has because a forgotten art form. It has become awkward and inconveinent to have conversations face to face anymore. Texting, email, facebook, myspace, aim, skype, gmail, stickem,.... the list goes on and on of ways we are connected, but there is still Disconnect.

So we'll see what happens. Im going to try to make this a priority at least once a week to bring a topic to the table which has real value worth speaking about. Feel free to return and contribute. I welcome it. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment