Monday, October 18, 2010

Amy 7.0

There are so many times when I wish that someone could get the version of me that someone else has seen. You know the saying, put your best foot forward, I wish it could be that when it mattered that I could be that best version of myself that is the perfect harmony of all the best parts I have to offer. But it doesn't work like that. And what's more is that more than half of what makes up someone's mind about me, has nothing to do with me, but more to do with that they perceive from me.

It's all relative.

To one person, I am a very caring and loving friend. To another, I am a selfish bitch that needs to get my ass kicked. Both have their reasons for coming to those conclusions, so in the long run, both are right (in their ways.) Both are based on some kind of input from me, but also is informed by their experiences with other people in similar situations.

Different person, different face.

I have a friend that has been documenting all these faces from times and places, with different people.

If I had my choice, the "Amy" I would be all the time would be the long haired, soft spoke, spunky, artsy chick in jeans and a tee-shirt. I wouldn't feel a need to say everything at inappropriate moments. I could just hang out with the people I love and care about, and the rest would just be details. I could be the easy-going, easy to talk to girl, who doesn't judge or hate no matter what. I would be able to find the right words when the time came. I wouldn't apologize unless I had real reason.... plus I'd ride a bad ass bike and be covered in beautiful artwork.. hahaha

Now Im not saying I'm never this girl.. Im just not usually this to one person, all at once. (and, you know, not covering in ink and hurling myself down the hwy at 160.) So.. experiment time!!! This Gluten-free, sometimes vegan, sometimes Vegetarian Michigan girl is going to stop being so damn worried about stupid shit, and just do me. I like it better when I can do that. I don't why it seems like it needs to be such a stretch.

You can be simple without being easy.. haha I get it now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment