Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ohhhh back to school, Back to school, to prove to Dad that I'm not a Fool.

I've known for a while that if I ever wanted a shot at doing what I love to do, that I would have to go back to school either for a more specialized education in art handling or business (or both.) I think I have finally reached the point where I know that if I want to do something other than clothing retail in the next 5 years that I need to go back to school for business administration and management. Seeing as I also have bills to pay ( though going back to school will give me a break from paying on loans for a while *perk*) I will most likely have to work full time and go back to school. I have the benefit to have some really good schools within driving distance and a job that will allow me to work around a class schedule... so it seems like all the pieces are in place, I just need to make the steps to make it happen.

Work full time. School full time. That is something I have never done. But I think it would be different this time around, given that most of my work will be book work, and not sitting at a canvas for 3 hours. No cop-outs this time. No bullshitting my way through business law or accounting. Maybe that is what I have been most afraid of. Being unqualified. Not being up to snuff. Which I know is very wasteful because I have a great head for most things business.
Why I didn't choose it the first time around, I have no idea, but what I know is that it is something I can do which will provide for me in a way that I don't see art doing for me in this lifetime.

So.... I'm applying to Kelly School of Business with IUPUI and Falls School of Business with AU. What? This may be so crazy, but sometimes the things that make the least sense at first make the most difference in the end. I guess we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment